Monday, December 22, 2014

Welcome Lillian!

Click HERE for our current challenge!

Hi everyone! I'm proud to announce that we have four new designers joining us in the new year! These talented ladies will begin creating with us on January 5th, our first challenge in 2015, and I'll be stretching those introductions out over the next four days... one a day for four days! How fun is that?! Today I'm very proud to introduce Lillian, who is an uber talented designer, and we are so stoked that she agreed to join us!  I (almost) had to talk her into it! Hahaha! Be sure to check out her blog Lillian's Leisure - we know you'll agree that she's an excellent fit for our team!

Without further ado, here's our new teammie, Lillian...


Hello, all!!  Lillian here, in Michigan, one of the states that actually has four seasons (although during bad winter months, we’d just as soon have only three – haha).  This has been quite the year for me – I made the decision in June to retire early, so August 1st was my last work day after 34 years in a local heating/cooling company, being office manager, bookkeeper, dispatcher, accounts payable and payroll clerk, and whatever else as the need arose (yeah, Girl Friday – and also Monday, Tuesday, and all the other days of the week).  At this point, I have no qualms whatsoever, as I finally have more time to indulge in my card-making addiction (ahem, I mean hobby),  as it’s just me and my husband, since both our sons are happily married and off on their own.   We have (5) grandchildren and are expecting a brand-new granddaughter any day now – just waiting for the phone to ring with the announcement!

Last month was our 40th wedding anniversary, and it was also a delightful surprise to be contacted by Leslie with an offer to join the Love To Scrap design team.  After a slew of questions, some arm twisting (haha – just kidding!), some ongoing “do I or don’t I” (well, this IS my first time on a DT and there’s always some trepidation about the unknown),  I decided to “throw caution to the wind” and accept Leslie’s offer, hoping that I won’t be a thorn in everyone’s side. 

So, on that note, I’m a combination of elated, fearful, wonder “what have I done now” (hahaha), but that aside, I AM really tickled to be a part of the Love to Scrap team.  Thank you, Leslie, for your patience, insight and answers to all my myriad questions!   Good to be here . . . and hope you think the same (LOL). Welcome aboard, Lillian! We are so glad you're part of the Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT and we're looking forward to lots of fun crafting together!

Big hugs,
Leslie & the DT

4 comments:

Gail said...

Welcome Lillian - have a fun ride!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Welcome aboard Lillian!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Welcome Lillian. Big hugs!!

Julie Schinkel said...

Welcome fellow newbie! :)